Hygie technology: Based on sustainable development
- 10 years of research in sustainable development has allowed us to reach the greenest solution on the market. All our products are made from recycled or recyclable materials.
- The Hygienic Liner (absorbent bag) is made of a rich blend of premium recycled polyethylene resins
- The Super absorbent pad is 100% recycled, and is chlorine, aluminum, alcohol and fragrance free
- Packaging and shipping boxes are made of recycled paper with water-based ink. 100% recyclable
Sustainable development is a daily concern for Hygie, which has already diverted more than 200 tonnes of recycled materials from landfills thanks to its formula for making its products.
Questions about our sustainable development policy or our environmental processes? Contact us […]
The greenest option on the market
The question comes up constantly: Can we use a 100% biodegradable bag? The answer is unfortunately no:
- 100% biodegradable plastic is not viable and does not provide an effective and reliable product in a hospital setting
- Its production would generate methane, which is 20 times more powerful than CO2, when decomposing
- The production of so-called “oxo-biodegradable” bags consumes more raw materials and is more damaging to the environment. In addition, these bags only degrade in contact with air and light, which by definition is not possible in landfills and therefore has no advantage for incineration. In conclusion, they are non-recyclable, non-compostable and generate more greenhouse gases than traditional plastics.
Source :Biodegradable plastic by Ève Beaudinwho quotes Sophie Tailleferfrom RECYC-QUÉBEC on Télé-Québec channelin the program of February 3, 2010[…]